Thursday, April 10, 2014

Finished Painting!


"The Rock", Deerfield Valley
132" x 54"
Oil on Canvas

Today David Pond, Headmaster at Deerfield Academy came to my studio to see my painting, commissioned for their new Center for the Arts building, due to open this August on the Deerfield Academy campus. He approved the work, and the painting will be installed in the music wing at the entrance to the new concert hall.
I really enjoyed this project. It was very challenging for me to work out some new directions.


2 comments:

Steven W. Dunn said...

Hi Dan

I have so much enjoyed watching the progress of this commission. What a meaningful entry/welcome to the concert hall. You certainly must have been in the vortex of creation through this whole process.
Congratulations on such a successful and beautiful creation!

A blog friend
Steven

Jane said...

Congratulations Dan, this is an amazing work , and you must so satisfied with the final outcome !