Thursday, September 5, 2013

House Sitting

Gouache on Bristal Vellum
18" x 24"

A friend of mine had the travel and leave her cat at home. I decided that this would be an excellent "remote" without having to go too far from home, 20 mintues. There are benefits of this; I do not get distracted by, my garden, and my endless house projects. I also get a completely different landscape. My house is in a wooded hollow, all good, but this is so different being on a hill top...so different that all I could do was painting the brush and the lawn! We will see how I do next painting!

3 comments:

Steven W. Dunn said...

Hi Dan
Beautiful blues and greens! I'm finding difficulty in putting words to why I like this so much...I just do! Sometimes it's comforting to simply respond to the feeling of joy and not get so analytical.
Thanks for the opportunity!
Steven

Dan Gliubizzi said...

Thank-you Steven. That is really the best of compliments.

Anonymous said...

It's very nostalgic for me - so lovely and so evocative of a lane at Home Farm (Amenia) where Tilly used to life. I continue to love all your work. (Don't get so wrapped up in your strokes and your colors that you forget to feed the cat!)
Marianne