Monday, August 5, 2013

Painting My lunch

Acrylic on Paper
20" x 7.5"
I had expected that I might be rained out a few times during this trip so I brought a few paintings that I had started and thought I might finish on such a day. Yesterday we had thunderstorms through out the day so I brought out this one and continued working on it Today was one of those super clear days. I took the painting outside and there was a beautiful pine, not the same tree, but similar enough to be able the translate the light and add the cloudless sky.



I read that Salvador Dali would go to the Prado and set up his easel in the front of a Velasquez as though he were going to copy it, but instead he would paint his lunch (above)!
To be here and paint "anything" right now, lets the location be the influence.
I also spent some time this morning being a tourist. I actually walked the house tour with a guide and visited the museum.

No comments: