Friday, December 28, 2012

A Clear Day



"Blue Spruce 001"
Acrylic on Paper
8.5" X 8.5"




I taped down sheets of gesso'ed paper to my 7' X 3' table. 
I have a vast collection of cloud studies and sketches of trees. I thought it would be interesting to work on all 14 at the same time and be able to do the same or similar image and composition over and over, to be able to see across the table and have a bigger conversation, with more voices. I always have a dialog with every piece, but in a singular way and not a group discussion.
The above painting is the first one to be finished (#1/14). You can see it's place, missing at the table.

2 comments:

Tailgates Millbrook NY said...

I can feel the temperature. It is a dry sparkling cold that makes you feel fully alive

Celeste Bergin said...

wow---what a unique way to work.! I can see that it would be helpful to paint a series all together like this--I'm impressed! (And the finished painting is great...)