Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Ramble in Central Park

10" X 10" Flash Paint on Gesso'ed Paper

Today I went into Central Park with a limited pallet of color. I was hoping to find some good dappled light. I brought Flash paint, in blue and white and English red, but I also brought some florescent yellow! I was taking no chances!
The ramble is a maze in paved and gravel paths that wander aimlessly, but delightfully, around small streams and ponds and rock formations. All the rock formations look natural, but one is surprised to find out that most all rocks groupings in the entire Central Park have been placed there by the Park creators.
I painted today with the artist Daniel Bethume from Santa Fe. He is now living and working in New York.

2 comments:

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

great paint, really love

have a beautifull rest of summer too

Celeste Bergin said...

what a great painting...excellent composition and I love the contrast. Lovely!