Friday, June 8, 2012

"Outside The Studio" 001

10" X 10" Acrylic on Gesso'ed Paper

My blog title today includes 001 which states with some optimism, that I will indeed reach a triple figure. My friend Alex gave me 480 sheets of paper for Christmas, that is how optimistic he is! 
I do enjoy not having a ridge artistic life and I am able to flow with new and interesting projects and events, but I also respect that if you are to achieve that "higher level" it takes tenacity and "stick-to-itivness"!  
The landscape around my house and studio, (5 miles away) are at their prime right now (between Thunderstorms) and I do not need to get in a car to travel to any other amazing spot, actually I believe that even if I were locked up in prison I could find something interesting in the dust in the corner of the cell, but on such a beautiful day why go there!

I am off to NYC in an hour and I am bringing the paints so maybe I will get a couple of new painings out of Central Park.

1 comment:

Celeste Bergin said...

lovely landscape...nice greens! I do hope you won't ever have to find out how interesting a cell is! Central Park sounds nice---I'll be watching for it