Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Dennis Does Sculpture


Today, Dennis and I worked with puzzle blocks.
He does this kind of work when he is downstairs in the rehab room, but we added some good conversation while he figured out how to mate the blocks together.
Part of the discussion today centered around "patience".
It is difficult to understand, with my health brain (or at least I think it is healthy), what amount of healing it will take to fix Dennis's broken brain. It is confounding just how articulate Dennis is right now with lengthy discussions on serious topic... which then, regrettably, triggers my expectations of him.
I resist making "Child" references related to Dennis, but it helps me when I need to remember that I did not expect my then 4 year old to act like a 6 year old! Well! At least for two more years! "Patience"

3 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

Your friend is looking well and from the appearance of the sculpture he is making great progress. Patience is what we all need!

Bitch said...

You are doing a good job with your friend, Dan..
Patience is the only word and act!!

PAMO ART said...

Dennis looks well. Patience is a wonderful word even if it is hard to embrace.
Thanks for the updates Dan.