Wednesday, May 23, 2012

4th Session


I had a great time with Dennis today. It is primarily the left side of his brain that took the most damage from the stroke, so we can still have a fine conversation. His speech has greatly improved. Today the rap was all about Art as an object/product vs. Art as a representation for a conceptual idea...with some of his interesting anecdotes from  his days being around Andy Warhol and working with Tinkerbell.
I brought my Hundertwasser book with me, so I could show Dennis a higher expression of the very simple graphic drills that we are doing.
It has been a regular effort to keep that left hand involved and you can see it is off the table right now. Today I am understanding with much more clarity that Dennis is NOT seeing very much of the left side, and it is not about actual vision, but perception. Can you see that he did not draw the circles on his left side of the paper?

I have mentioned it in the past, but these graphic drills are something I have been developing from my study of "A Method for Creative Design" by Adolfo Best-Maugard

5 comments:

temporal rooms said...

it is wonderful that you are helping Dennis regain his equilibrium.
best tp you both.

~robert

Dan Gliubizzi said...

Thanks Robert, I am often stopping into to your blog. Wonderful stuff...I still have difficulty posting a comment, but I am viewing it

Dan Gliubizzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Celeste Bergin said...

Hi Dan, thanks for the update on your friend D, yes I see the big space on the left side. I'm so glad you are helping him--I bet your exercises will have a great impact on his physical rehabilitation and help him emotionally too. Thanks for the update, hope to see more.

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

Hi Dan, It is so nice you are really a nice person! Take care my dear