Thursday, January 5, 2012

Little Christmas Gifts


 Holly and I get to go to a big, sit down, Christmas dinner for 30. My group has allot of grown children living their lives on their own now, so it is really nice to all be together and sharing the event, later in the afternoon, after all the phone calls and presents.
Our host, Annie and Murdock did an amazing job with Turkey and Duck and everyone else was assigned a side dish. We also do a Secret Santa event. This year a couple of friends (guests) asked me to produce small paintings for their two gift assignments and I was happy to do it since I knew the receivers.
Above is "ManFriday", my friend Diana's Lurcher and below is Wes's Gloves. Wes is a Dressage rider and coach. The paintings are 6"x 9" acrylic on paper.
Both are slices of bigger images that were in my collection.
I do not think that Diana's hand was the original focus, but became most important and Wes's hands were everything.



3 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

good to see a new post and with such unusual and good art!

temporal rooms said...

beautiful gifts Dan!

~robert

Marianne said...

if you call those paintings "little" gifts, I want you for my secret Santa next year. They are truly wonderful,