Monday, September 13, 2010

Concours d'Elegance

I know I have been talking allot about cars lately, but since I bought the Porsche 944, it is the current interest (the new tires arrived today)!
It was a delightful coincidence that I have gotten to go to two amazing car shows, two weekends in a row. This weekend, we were at the Concours d'Elegance in Westport, Connecticut.
Holly and I are venders at these events, with our "Tailgates" business. We sell high-quality picnic stuff.
After we set up, I set out with my sketchbook.
The first problem I experience is the Sun, I just cannot sit or stand in the Sun for very long, even with hats and sunscreen. Most of the wonderful cars are parked for viewing in a big field. Saturday was beautiful,
The next issue is the crowds, I am actually shy and drawing in public is initially difficult, fortunately, once I start to draw it goes away.
I was busy drawing, when a man asked if I could just turn around and take a look at his Indian motorcycle, and would I draw it. It had been a New York City Police motorcycle that he had restored.
The last piece is a Maserati Ghibli SS and was owned by the chairman of the  Concours event.
I am pleased that I am able to draw what I see and in a reasonable time. These drawings each took about forty-five minutes or less.

8 comments:

joseph's art and stuff said...

Dan, excellent work, really love the indian motorcycle! i also am a bit shy when drawing in public, but like you said, once i get drawing it goes away.

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

really good works! see you

all ways 11 o'clock said...

These drawings are wonderful Dan. I am a bike guy so the Indian is a dream. You are lucky to get over drawing in a crowd. I have it very hard to take shots.

By the way, thank you for your comments. I appreciate what you have to go through to get a comment to me.

~robert

Caio Fern said...

it is a real pleasure to see skillful works.

Hi Dan .

Sue said...

very cool drawings.....and don't make fun of my amazing collasping feet....you'll be old someday and the same could happen to you....Oh wait a minute...you are old.
And I happen to like my hair...and look at the money I save at Halloween....$6.00

Thelma Zwirn said...

Great work Dan. On Demand art.

Betty Manousos @ CUT AND DRY said...

I really love these drawings, Dan.
You sure are gifted!
Great work!

Have a lovely Thursaday!

B :)

PLUS:Thanks so much for your interesting comments on my blog. Always good to hear from you!

PAMO said...

Dan- These are all wonderful. I'm especially fond of the Indian motorcycle. You captured it beautifully.